No one to advocate and no one cares..

 I am so over ALL HEALTHCARE AND DOCTORS!! As you know Mom fell Monday and broke her hip. She was taken to Navicent. I got to the ER before Clyde. Of course, no one could tell me anything except she was in the hallway but was “ok”. At that time I started my timer on my watch. After an hour, I inquired again, “still in the hallway waiting on a bed”. patiently I waited another hour. Where I sat I could see the door open and close. Each time the door opened, I could feel myself running down the hall to Em’s room hoping and praying she was gonna be ok. The next time the door opened I saw myself on the floor in the hall next to her door knowing I would never see her alive again. Another hour passed, walked back to the desk and pleaded for someone to give me an update on Mom. They said she has been seen and was waiting on images. Clyde went to the desk and asked for someone to come talk to us. After 5 hours, I’m thrown back to reliving every moment of the day Em passed.  I had enough. I walked to administration crying and reliving every event of what happened with Em. 

When I reached administration, a very nice lady came and put me in the board room. She came back to get my information. I took my phone and showed her the picture of Em on my phone. I told her she was my daughter and she said she’s beautiful. And I said she’s dead. I briefly explained that not lack of communication but NO COMMUNICATION!! I told her that my mother had been in the ER for 5 hours and my stepdad nor I had talked to anyone and got a status on my mom.

The ER director comes up and makes excuses. I DON’T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOUR STAFFING IS!!! EVERYONE HAS A CELLPHONE STUCK UP THEIR BUTT AND YOU ARE THERE FOR PATIENT CARE AND LETTING FAMILIES KNOW WHAT’S GOING ON!!

I told the lady in administration that it cost me my daughter and I would never let that happen again!!

So, after 5 hours we got to see momma for a few minutes.

She’s had her ups and downs and is waiting to be transferred to Bleckey swing bed. 

April 28 is Em’s birthday, she would be 29.

After more than 33 years in healthcare, a field I have loved working in and have had exceptional career. I’m not just good at my job, I’m one of the BEST!! I’ve diagnosed many patients with leukemia, one in our community that expedited her treatment. I’ve worked in small hospitals, smaller than BMH and larger hospitals than Navicent. I’ve worked at the University of Florida which is the best hospital in south Georgia, north and central Florida.  BMH has some of the best and care about patients. I can’t say that honestly about our close surrounding hospitals.

I have had a great career and learned from the best in the field.

But as I deal daily with employees at other hospitals that are much more concerned with how they look as opposed to the patient being the most important, my years left in healthcare are few in number.

I have always put the patient first, and when others start accusing me otherwise, I don’t need to work in that environment daily.

I have the one of the best bosses in John Roland. I have an exceptional staff that have the same standards and understand we are here to work together for the betterment of our patients.

I’m saddened and scared at the state of our healthcare.  Sorry no caring Doctors Todd McCall, Slobodan Jazarevic and Lars Nelson. They moved Em to a private room, denied me access and now she’s dead.

“Beware of sheep in wolves clothing”, they’re all around the hospital."




Comments

Popular Posts