Lifeofem101

 I have had so many people to say how much they wished they had known Em. So, I thought I would write something to describe her from my view and mostly, from her friends. 

You were created to make somebody
else's life better. Somebody
needs what you have - your smile,
your love, your words,
and
your encouragement.
This truly describes Em. As a small girl, she was always putting others first. She loved life and everyone in it. It did not matter what race, religion, sexual orientation or age! She had fun with everyone!! One of my favorite memories of her was during the years Vaughan played travel ball. She always tagged along and never once complained. At the ball field she would ask her Dad for money for the concession stand and he would give her some money. I think one day he gave her about $100 just so she would not keep asking. With the money in hand, she went to all of the ball players younger sisters, who also had to tag along, and said "Hey, we have $100, let's go to the concession stand". She never left anyone out. What was hers, was everyones.
She was always thinking of others. She never went on a trip, where she didn't bring something back for Vaughan, me and her Dad. Her joy showed through her eyes and mostly her smile. 
In her early 20's, she struggled with PTSD, depression and anxiety. But, that never kept her from smiling or helping others. She was always there for a friend. 
I could talk about her all day. Her wit, her laughter, her smile and her big heart. Every picture of her is who she was. A bright light, and a beautiful soul. If you asked for her opinion, she didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but she would certainly tell you what she thought. She was fiercely loyal, loved her family and of most importance, she was forgiving. I know God tells us to forgive, but my human heart has a hard time, but Em's never did. Maybe one day, I'll be able to forgive like she did.
Em and I struggled through our relationship as most mothers and daughters do. But when she moved to Gainesville we would set up a night and look through old pictures. So many days I wish for "One more day".
I have asked her friends to send me their memories of Em. Some of this, I pulled from post made on her facebook page. I have cried while reading them. I can say that I have been truly blessed to have been somewhat responsible of the person she became. It warms my heart to know her friends loved her like she loved them.
Please take the time to read them all!!
As you probably know my memories with Emily go all the way back when we were in diapers probably before we could even talk, but I will say my most favorite memories were in pre-K and our senior year of high school. We were the best of friends growing up and couldn’t do anything without the other. My mama always reminds me that she was so grateful that Emily was always in my class in our early years of school because I did not want to do anything without her, and that she would always come to my rescue when I was crying to make sure I was okay. As time passed we got older and even though we weren’t as close as we were when were younger every time we did get together especially during high school it was like we picked up where we left off. She was always the kindest and most bubbliest person. She would literally give her last if she could. I remember she gave me some of her lunch one day during high school because I had gotten my tray taken. She didn’t even hesitate. She said here you go Becky I’m just going to get some Chick-fil-A after school anyway. It was moments like this that I will remember forever. Thank you for raising her to be the sweetest, kindest and truest person. She did everything with love and that’s what I most loved about her and our friendship.
Rebecca Jordan
Oh man… the memories. I have so many! For starters I consider Emily one of my oldest, best friends. We met in high school and became pretty much inseparable. The majority of my high school memories revolve around me and Emily. I’d text her on the wknds basically begging to hang out. We’d never do anything - it was Dublin, what can you do - but we had the best time riding around, blaring old music. Going to Zaxbys. Driving to Macon to go shop. 
Other memories include her coming to see me when I moved, both in Louisiana and Tennessee. Showing her around and having the best time. If there was anyone I could consistently count on, it was Emily. No matter how far away I was, no matter how long it had been since we last talked, I could count on her to be there for me. She also was one of the only people to keep up with me after I moved out of state. That meant a lot. 
Other random memories… piercing her nose, dying her hair!!!! (Which I know you didn’t always love bc her blonde hair was soooo beautiful, but she loved to express herself, she’d try any length & any color!! I felt like her mini hair dresser. Haha. we’d dye it often in Dublin when I lived there, and when she came to visit me in Louisiana she even let me give her highlights. After we had a mini photoshoot for her in my backyard. 
The last, most recent memory that sticks out to me was her visiting Tennessee, and me begging her to move here. I even got her a job at my work! I was so excited for her to start fresh and be here with me. Obviously it didn’t work out for a reason, but it just goes to show how she was always down for anything. 
I sure miss my girl, Sarah McBride
❤️
So many of my best memories included Emily! She was always so much fun and the life of the party! She had the best personality and made friends wherever she went! She was always so adventurous and loved to travel! She is such a great friend! One of my favorite memories was one summer afternoon we were bored so we decided to go to Walmart and buy a kiddie pool and fill it up with water and sat in the kiddie pool for hours and had the best time, then she said “hey let’s go to Macon and go to old navy and shop and eat supper and come back home” so of course we loaded up and went! She was always fun and spontaneous and that’s what I loved most about her!! She was always there whenever you needed her! She was the first friend to check on me and stay with me at the hospital when Beau was born and it meant so much to me, more than she probably realized. Just about all of my high school memories included her.. getting our drivers license, (her hitting just about ever curb in sight) , proms, football games, Saturday nights..etc… and even after high school we still remained close. I’m so thankful to call her a friend and not a day goes by that something doesn’t remind me of her… especially any Kenny Chesney song on the radio!! She is missed so much and will always be remembered and hold a special place in my heart. Friendships like that never go away.  Lindsay Fordham
❤️
Someone who is about me and only me, someone that was there no matter what, and someone that said they care and truly meant it. You were truly one of a kind and I was/am thankful to be yours, to have you, and to just be apart of your life. I miss you Em and you will always hold that special spot in my heart no matter what. I love you... today, tomorrow, and forever.
Jared Drew
you always made me feel so loved and never failed to let me know my worth through your amazing friendship. I'll cherish and laugh at all the memories we made together. You don't get many, if any people like Em Murkerson in your life. I'm so lucky to have been one of the people she blessed with her smile and contagious energy. I'll forever miss you, Em. Sebastian 
Still hard to fathom that you are no longer here. Every time I see your picture or think about past memories my heart still drops. I wish we could still be celebrating your birthday together. I always wonder why God brought you home so early and it’s so hard to understand but God is still so good and he has a plan even though it’s not in our plans. The pain of loosing you is still so raw and still unbearable at times but I’m so glad to have Jesus to lean on during those hard times and the promise of Heaven where we will be reunited again! Caitlin Lowery
Happy heavenly birthday Em Murkerson! It’s still so crazy to think you are no longer here on earth with us but I know you are loving on all the animals in heaven! I had to bring a throwback from 2013 on graduation night. I’ll always be thankful for the memories I had with you and Kristin Vaughn. Y’all got me through high school, that’s for sure. You’ll forever be missed!
Katie vann Gilley 
SCREAMING alllll the way to heaven, HAPPY BIRTHDAY E-Murk!!!!! This world is not the same without you! I could right a book but that only leads to tears. And there is no sadness bc today you would have made sure everyone is having a good time. I love you and miss you more and more as the days go by. Can’t wait to see again one day! ❤️
Leah Browning
One time we were swimming at grandma’s and she jumped off the driving board and got water up her nose. Instead of saying that she said she “got nose up her water” and I haven’t said that I got water up my nose since. She always said the funniest things. Sarah Warnock
Sarah Warnock that she could!! that one time she rode with me to my dads in my truck and she was amazed at being the same height as the big 18 wheelers and how easy it was to get them to make them toot there horn!! Beast thing ever!! Arturo Pena
One year Momma and Daddy took the kids to the beach. I had to work, so Don stayed. Em probably was no more than 5 or 6 years old. All the kids were playing in one of the bedrooms and Aubrey, being the inquisitive boy he was, decided to crawl under the bed. The bed was an old bed on the coils in the boxspring were exposed. Some how he got one of his belt loops caught on one and could not get out. All the other kids started picking on him, saying they would hand him a sandwich! Em, starting crying and begging for someone to get him out. And of course they did! Always, wild times with cousins!
Dale Fordham
Miss Em I read the quote you posted in 2016 about how much you loved me and it is so special I will treasure it until we meet again. All my love. Moe
There are a million memories that come to mind when thinking of Em. I miss her so much. I’ve been thinking about her a lot lately and all the things we used to get into. I miss her calling my name any time she’d see me whether it was in a store or at school. I miss all of us riding around listening to someone’s music playlist. I miss her laugh and her smile. She was always so supportive and loving in all the ups and downs in my life. Even if years had passed and we hadn’t seen each other, we picked up right where we left off.
One memory that comes to mind that is precious to me is when we had just graduated high school. We were outside of Captain D’s and we had just finished having dinner together. I was telling her about some different places I was gonna go with my non-profit during the summer and some different things I wanted to do before fall semester started. Her demeanor changed a bit over the night as we talked about our plans and she got quiet. We were out in the parking lot and she was got real quiet. I asked her what was wrong and she started crying. She said, “Please don’t forget me wherever you go. Don’t let all this you got going on change you.” We hugged each other for over ten minutes and we talked about where our lives could possibly end up. We had no idea what could come next in our lives and it was a scary thought. But we knew that no matter what, we would always be there for one another. She kept her promise to me.
Em taught me that no matter the distance or time passed, you can love someone even if they aren’t there with you. I used to think that in order to love someone, they always had to be by your side. Love transcends space and time as we know it. I know that even though she’s not with us today, I can still feel the love she shared with me. From the time we were kids and even when we adults trying to figure it all out, I knew I had a lifelong best friend that would support me no matter where I went. I love you, Em.
Pace Tyson
Em had so many friends around the world. Her social media and snapchat is still active and her phone is also active. Many nights I just thumb through comments and posts. I am overwhelmed and thankful for all the people that still remember her and loved her like we do.
Em your light still shines.
She goes out on Saturday night
She comes home late, she don't have to fightAnd she thinks, 
"Ain't got it all, but I got it alright"And for a minute she's glad that she ain't like
Everyone she knows



Comments

Popular Posts