Family



Family.  Family was everything to Em. Today I have attached a collage of pictures I found in Em's car.  Things she held close to her heart.  Pictures of family and one bible verse. at the time she put this bible verse in her car, I don't think she realize how important it would become in the final months of her life.  I believe she kept it at the time of what significance it meant to me.  During this time I was going through my own trials.  Dealing with an addiction and going through rehab.  A very good friend prayed this verse for me.  Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  God provided that for me.  Little did we both know that in the last year of her life how important that would become to her.

Early in 2019, Em found out she was pregnant.  No, it wasn't the best time.  I know she was scared to tell me and her dad.  The day she told me, she and I had attended church together in Gainesville.  When she told me, the verse that popped up on my phone was Jeremiah 29:11.  I knew at that time that God would be with us through this, and I told her so.  In August just a few weeks later, she lost her baby.  There was a reason for all of this.  For many years Em was such pro-abortion.  She did not believe how abortions are performed and how many violable babies are killed.  I prayed so hard for God to soften her heart and he did.  Not the way I had hoped, but He knows best.  Losing her baby was devastating.  Timing was awful when many of her friends were having babies of their own and she learned that her brother was also having one as well.
Some how my amazing young woman, picked herself up and kept on going. Congratulating her brother and sister-in-law on the birth of her nephew that she would never meet.  She was so excited!!  Excited to have a blood nephew.  One that she would have loved more than anything or anyone ever.  
I wear the necklace her friend gave her.  A necklace that symbolizes miscarriage.  I wear it everyday.  Cam is attached to the necklace and always notices it every time I pick him up.  I tell him that's Em's.  I will do everything to make sure he know her and how much she loved him without ever meeting him.
Family was everything to Em.  Don't waste your days spent without family.  Because in the end,  that's all that is import.
We Love you Em and you are always in our hearts.










 

Comments

Popular Posts