Eternally Grateful

 Today I witness one of the most self less acts from another human being.  House bill 290 has been introduced to committee hearing at the capital.  This bill will mandate hospitals from denying essential care givers the right to advocate for their loved ones during a pandemic.  Due to another commitment I was not able to attend.  I have been in contact with lobbyist Brittney Ellison.  She asked Ms Suzanne Gay a woman I have never met, to read Em's story.  As I listened, tears rolled down my face.  Her gift was one of grace and mercy and I will be eternally grateful.

There is a lot of work to do.  My heart went out to everyone from loved ones, to nurses and physicians who took a stand to advocate for this bill.  I have to fight even though nothing I do will bring Em back.  And each time I tell her story, I relive that day moment by moment.  But I'm willing to sacrifice my well being if it saves one more life.  If it allows a daughter to spend the final moments with their mother, or father.  Or a son that allows him the chance to spend the final moments with his dad or mother. I will fight because it's the right thing to do.

I will continue to fight because that's what Em would do.  She was always there to help anyone friend or foe, if they needed help she was there.

I will never again know a woman that was as strong as my Em.


Always,


Mom

Comments

Popular Posts