A Peaceful Place....

 Early one morning I am awakened by my young daughter. She and I have come to the Dominican Republic on a mission trip. But there is so much more. You see the Dominican is a safe place for her and me. I have been coming for 16 years making many trips. She was thirteen for her first trip and has been about seven or so times.  This year we are in a part of the country I have not seen. She shakes me and says "Mom, let's go see the sunrise!" As I wipe the sleep from my eyes, I slip my shoes on and trapes up the several floors to the roof top. There are no railings. She is sitting Indian style near the edge. I sit next to her and peer out toward the sunrise. It's quiet here. The people are just now getting up with the sunrise.  

As I peer at the sun coming up over the city, a peace comes over me that I have experienced before, but only here.  As I watch my little girl who has now become a woman, I see a peace that has been gone for a long time. My heart warms just as the sun becomes full covering the city. I'm reminded of God's promises and am blessed with his grace.  




Comments

Popular Posts